These few steps are effective learning practices; every student should do:
It’s a fact that “Good readers are good learners”. A good student should have good study routine to succeed. Good students apply good habits to their classes. Learn about some excellent study patterns and routines and try to develop a study habit that will lead you to success.
Excelling study practices by bright kids:
- Avoid reading too much at a time:Divide your work into short periods. If you try to study too much at time than you’ll get frustrated and your work wouldn’t be effective. Taking short breaks will help you refresh and bring back your mind power.
- Decide specific time period to study:Punctuality is very important in life. Being punctual leads you to success. Any time related to homework or schoolwork is study time. Schedule specific times throughout the day to study.
- Study with same routine everyday:Try to study at specific and same time daily. Make a daily routine that becomes habit of your life. This will make you mentally prepared to study at the study time and soon you’ll get used to it.
- Set goals for your study hours:Objective help you track your improvement mad stay focused. Just sitting down for study isn’t enough and isn’t that valuable. You should be clear about your study hours’ goals.
- Always start studying according to the schedule:leaving the work for later because you don’t like it is very bad habit such as you don’t like any assignment or subject and you delay your study time for it. If you do this for any such reason than it will become more difficult for you to do it later.
- Do the difficult assignments first:When you start studying you have the most energy. Hence you should start the difficult assignment as it requires most of the effort.
- Review Notes before assignment:The notes contains the information that may help you complete work. The review of notes makes you sure that you are working properly.
- Stay focused during your study time:If someone calls you or disturbs you during your study hours than this can cause two problems. First that you get interrupted and it is not easy to pick up the study thread again. Second the other person talks about the things that distract you. So keep the TV and phone switched off and doors of your room closed while studying so that no one can distract you.
- Don’t hesitate to ask your friends to help you in any difficult assignment:Two heads are always better than one either it’s a friend or a book. You can solve things better if you work collectively with your friend.
- Weekly work review:It’s true that weekends are for entertainment and fun but you should take out some time to review your whole week work.
These are some of the study habits that may help you improve your study skills. If you practice these skills, you’ll surely get benefits and will succeed in studies.
Moreover, for examination preparation you should use some notes or past papers that will help you get better idea about the exam questions and you’ll be able to prepare them better. This will eventually give good results. There are Topical past papers and yearly past papers available for all the subjects that can help you in exam preparation.